Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

China Glaze Flying Dragon (Neon)

     China Glaze Flying Dragon (Neon) is a red-based, grape purple that was a part of the China Glaze Ink collection in 2008. Sally Beauty Supply still carries this color, and I got it because it is such a pretty purple with fuchsia and blue micro-shimmer. I have never seen a color like this before; what makes it unique is the subtle blue shimmer. It is supposed to be a neon, but it really wasn't neon on my nails. If I had used only one coat, it probably would have been a little bit neon, but I used 3-4 coats because I wanted to get the color completely level with no bald spots. I think it shows up a tad darker on my nails than the bottle because I used that many coats.
     It dries matte like most neons, so you will definitely need a top coat if you want it to shine. Using a top coat also really helped bring out the shimmer. I absolutely loved this color, and I don't wear a lot of purples. It's dark enough indoors to be chic, but the polish really comes alive in the sun. It's one of my favorite purples!





1 comment: