Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl Lipstick in Softsilver Red

     Where Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl Lipstick in Softsilver Rose is more of a Raspberry color, Softsilver Red is more of a strawberry color.  Softsilver Red has a warmer, more reddish-coral undertone. For information about the formula and wear, see Softsilver Rose.
     I think I like Softsilver Red better, simply because my skin has warm undertones. This color would be a great summer lipstick because it reminds me of a juicy strawberry or watermelon on a sizzlin' hot day.

     In the picture above, Softsilver Rose is on the left, and Softsilver Red is on the right, and you can see the cooler undertones in SS Rose.
     Softsilver Red is such a gorgeous color. Revlon has an array of lipstick colors to choose from, and I think everyone can find a shade for them. Will you be heading to the Revlon section next time you look for a lipstick? Let me know what you get! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this color! I just bought it and couldn't find any reviews. Thanks for yours. I agree- it's so unique. A soft, silver red is exactly what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would you say is a close MAC lipstick like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember playing with my mother's Softsilver Red and using it myself when I was a teenager in the late 70's--it is an old old Revlon color---and I hope they never quit making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought it. I shy way from reds thinking I look very 1990s in it but I do love this color .Great for summer.

    ReplyDelete