Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Black and Nude Half Moon Nails

     How has everyone's weekend been? Mine was good; I had a girls' night on Friday and then went to a Chili Dinner/Talent Show Fundraiser on Saturday and hung out with my friends that night, too.
     I have been wanting to do another half moon manicure for a while now, and I was interested in seeing what black polish and nude nails would look like together. First, let me show you what I used to do my half moon manicure:


     I bought the hole punch reinforcements at Hobby Lobby, and I took a single sticker and put it at the bottom of my nail like in the picture below:


     I would recommend cutting the sticker in half, so that you can use it twice. After I had the sticker pressed down well, I painted the Wet N Wild 424 Black Creme on the rest of the nail. This black polish is one of the best blacks I have every used because I only needed one coat for this manicure, and it was perfectly opaque. If you are looking for the perfect black nail polish, I say you run to your local pharmacy and pick this one up! 
     After I painted the black polish on the rest of the nail, I would slowly peel the sticker off, and this is what I was left with:


     If you look closely, you can see that the half moon line is not perfectly even. I would recommend making sure you press the sticker down really well so that no polish can seep underneath the sticker. Finally, I topped my nails off with a coat of Seche Vite
     I was extremely happy with how this manicure turned out. I really like how the black looks against my bare nail, and half moon manicures make your fingers look longer, too. I had a lot of people asking me about my nails this weekend, and it really wasn't that hard to do. You just have to have some patience, so I did this manicure while I was watching The Office this past Thursday night. By the way, can you believe what that Kathy girl was trying to get Jim to do? I can't wait until Pam finds out. ☺

 The picture below shows my mood ring while it was changing colors. So cool!


What do you think about half moon manicures? Have you ever tried one? 


2 comments: