Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cosmetic Arts + Milani = Holographic Spring Nails

     I've never heard of the nail polish brand Cosmetic Arts, however, when I saw them at Ross Dress for Less for $1.99, I snatched up a few. This particular color is a milky, sky blue, and it is perfect for Spring or Easter. The color is so gorgeous, and this nail polish actually contains no formaldehyde.

      I did find that this polish chipped after a few days, which lead me to touch up on the spots where it chipped, which made me want to find a nice glitter polish to layer over it. I chose Milani's new 3D Holographic nail lacquer in 509HD, which is a silver, multi-colored glitter polish that really does look like one of those holographic stickers that changes when you turn it in different angles. Milani's nail polishes are $4.99 at CVS.



     I really like the Cosmetic Arts sky blue nail polish on its own, but it looks beautiful with the silver holographic glitter layered on top! ♥
     Do you have luck with really cheap nail polish? Do you like to layer glitter on top of other colors? Feel free to discuss in the comments!


This color also kind of reminds me of Cinderella's ball gown. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think this nail combo screams Spring time!! Have you got to see the Soft Shades collection O.P.I is coming out with in April?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! No, I haven't seen it, yet. I'm going to go look it up right now! :) Have you gotten any pretty nail colors lately?

    ReplyDelete