Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

NARS Eyeshadow in Etrusque

     NARS launched Etrusque as a part of their winter/holiday collection. I had heard great reviews about this eyeshadow.  I heard it applied smoothly, had great pigmentation, and had a gorgeous, but not the most unique, color.
     Let's start with the packaging. A lot of people do not like NARS packaging; it has a matte black case that flips up with a mirror inside. I actually think it looks sleek and sophisticated. I really like the packaging; it hasn't proven difficult for me so far.
     Though it is a very beautiful gold, the color is not unique. I have a lot of golds that look very similiar to this. I will soon swatch all of my gold eyeshadows so you can see the difference of them all, but the good thing about this eyeshadow is that there is no glitter in this color, so it is a 'grown-up' gold.
     The texture is buttery, but I have used softer eyeshadows, particulary some of Stila's eyeshadows. I do wish Etrusque was more pigmented; I feel like I have to pack it on somewhat to get decent color pay-off.
     If you are looking for a more sheer gold that you can build up to more color, then this eyeshadow is for you. I do believe you can find a similar gold that is less expensive, though. This is an eyeshadow you may have to try for yourself, or go to your local Sephora to swatch, because some people love it, and some people hate it, and I am kind of neutral about it.
      










   NARS Etrusque is $23 for 0.07 oz, and is available on NARS.com, Beauty.com, and at your local Sephora or Sephora.com. Sephora often has friends and family sales where you can get it for a discounted price, or Beauty.com has a great rewards program called 'Drugstore Dollars', where you get a certain amount back to spend for every purchase.

3 comments: