Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jelly Sandwich with Milani Neon Techno Red and OPI Rainbow Connection!

     I know I've talked some on here about jelly sandwiches, but I'm not sure if I've ever posted one for you guys. So, I decided to do a jelly sandwich last night to show you today! A few weeks ago I was in CVS and some Milani nail polish was on clearance for around $1, so I brought Milani Neon Techno Red home with me. I knew that Milani's Neon nail polish line had a jelly formula based on swatches I had previously seen online, and I think jellies are so fun in the summer. What a "jelly" formula is, is when the polish is sheer, but when you apply a few coats, it looks kind of like rock candy, and you can still see through it. A jelly sandwich is when you layer something in between coats of a jelly polish, like glitter. This way, the glitter is not a "top coat," but it is kind of "floating" inside the jelly polish. LOL I hope I explained that well. ☺
     Anyway, one thing I should say is that this Milani "Neon" was not neon at all. It isn't an eye-searing color by any means, just a juicy, summer, watermelon-esque color. So, it is strange that it has the word "Neon" in bold letters on the bottle.
     I painted one coat of Techo Red first, and then I used about three coats of OPI Rainbow Connection, and then one more coat of Techo Red to top it off. I was really disappointed in the fact that I had to use three coats of Rainbow Connection to get a sufficient amount of glitter on the nail. I don't know if I got a bad bottle of it, but it was very watery. I then used Konad Special Polish in White to stamp the star on my accent nail with Bundle Monster Plate BM05. Lastly, I used fast-drying top coat Poshe to seal the deal. Here is what I finished with:






     So, what do you think? Have you ever experimented with jelly sandwiches??

2 comments:

  1. Love the red. I like useing glitter but it is such a pain in the butt to get off!
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I hate getting glitters off!

    ReplyDelete