Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Taco Bean Dip

I've got another dip recipe for you today. I have been obsessed with dip recipes lately, mainly because if I can dip a chip in my food, then I will. :)

My friend Amanda made this Taco Bean Dip for this past New Year's Eve party at her house, and I loved it so much that I've been wanting to make it ever since.

Here's the recipe she sent me:


This is what I used:


You can see that I used 12 oz. of plain Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream, because any time I can substitute Greek yogurt for mayonnaise or sour cream, I like to because it has less calories and has more protein. I also like the way Greek yogurt tastes 'lighter' than mayonnaise and sour cream.

I absolutely loved this dip! The hardest part was just mixing the taco seasoning with the Greek yogurt, and that didn't take up much time. So there was a layer of re-fried beans, a layer of the Greek yogurt/taco seasoning mixture, and I used the whole package of shredded cheese on top of the yogurt. I then diced tomatoes and jalapenos for extra color and taste. 



The combination of taco flavor with the beans and the coolness of the yogurt was delicious. Add cheese on top of that, and you have a winner! I will definitely make this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment