Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fresh Homemade Guacamole

I have recently in the past couple of years found out that I love avocados. I especially love them in homemade guacamole. The combination of avocados, limes, and peppers just tastes so fresh.

Here's a recipe for homemade guacamole I made this week:

3 avocados, peeled, removed from the seed and diced
The juice from 2 limes
1 vine tomato, seeds removed and diced
1 jalapeƱo pepper, seeds removed and diced
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Seasoning/Salt
Cilantro

I mixed everything in a bowl and added the salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning to taste. I like a lot of it. I didn't have any fresh cilantro, but I did have dried cilantro flakes that I used instead. Fresh cilantro would, of course, taste better. I mashed the avocados and mixed and mixed until I liked the consistency.

The creaminess if the avocado paired with the sourness of the limes and the little kick from the jalapeƱos makes this one of my favorite dips and I crave it about once a month. The red tomato adds just the right pop of color.

Here is how it turned out. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment