Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

OPI Nicki Minaj Fly

     To be honest, when I first started seeing swatches of OPI's Nicki Minaj collection, I didn't really see one that I had my eye on. It wasn't until I saw a picture of it on this blog that I knew I had to have it. So I promptly called my local JC Penney Salon because I hadn't seen the collection at Ulta, yet, and lucky me, they were two dollars off each. ☺
     Fly is such a gorgeous, dusty, teal creme that leans a little more blue. Fly reminds me of western clothing and deep turquoise jewelry. It's fun without being too bright, and this color and China Glaze's Electro Pop collection has brought me out of the vampy colors of Fall and Winter.
                       
       The pictures make Fly look a little bit lighter than in real life. Fly is just a tad darker, deeper teal.
 I love the duskiness of this color.
 Do you love this color yet?
Fly was just two effortless coats.
     Fly just may be my favorite color of 2012, so far. I know it won't keep that title for long...have you SEEN OPI's Holland collection that's coming up? Look at OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam here. So gorgeous!
     So, what do you think of Fly? Love it, or leave it?
     Thank you for reading!

5 comments:

  1. How do you get the edge so perfect at the cuticle?? Mine always looks so sloppy!
    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Becky! Thanks! I always think I look like a goob because I just paint really slow around the cuticles, and if it is uneven, I use my thumb nail on my other hand to kind of "move" the polish into a straight line. BTW, I read a review on the China Glaze magnetic polish, and their magnet apparently does not work worth a flip. So, I found out that the Icing store @ Hamilton Place has four new Magnetix polishes out, and their magnet is supposed to be really good. So I got some at the Icing store, and I'm really excited about trying them out! They are buy one, get one half off @ Icing, too. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if they work good or not! Im dieing to try them out!!!
    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color! But I don't think it would look as good on my nails as it does on yours:)

    ReplyDelete