Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crackle Time! with OPI Black Crackle

     I always thought Crackle nail polishes looked cool when I was younger, but I just never gave them much thought this year when China Glaze and OPI came out with their limited edition Crackle collections. However, at a recent visit to Ulta, Lori, one of my friends from college, suggested that I try OPI Black Crackle. I promptly grabbed it and tried it as soon as I got home. ☺
     The reason Crackle nail lacquers are so unique is because you paint a layer over completely dry nail polish, and it just "crackles" before your eyes. Afterwards you are left with a really interesting nail art effect. If you paint it on thick, the cracks are wider and less in number. If you paint it on thinner, the cracks are, in turn, thinner and occur more in number.
     As you can see below, the effect is really unique and so cool. The only problem with the formula I found was that after I had done a few fingers, the polish becomes somewhat thick and hard to work with. However, with some patience you get really great "Crackle Nails." 
     I am wearing Zoya Kimmy underneath the Black Crackle in the pictures below. I don't really like putting red and black together unless it is Halloween, but Zoya Kimmy is the polish I had on at the time. ;)
     China Glaze has a great Crackle collection that includes a grey, purple shimmer, teal green, and white. I think this black would look so pretty on a bright Spring color like lime green or pastel blue.
     OPI nail lacquers retail for $8.50 and can be found at Ulta, Target, and other salons.



What do you think about this Crackle polish? Is this something you would try?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment