Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Last Song and Scandalgate


Recently I have read two books and I recommend them both.


1. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks


All of Nicholas Sparks' novels are amazing. There for a while, though, I felt like the next new one had a similar story to the last novel and I was getting a little tired of similar story lines everytime. The last three (The Choice, The Lucky One, and The Last Song), however, have been exceptional and I have not been disappointed in the least. I could not put The Last Song down. Unfortunately I found myself even reading it in class when I should have been paying attention. This is a great story of a family coming together through tradegy and a young girl growing up during the most important summer of her life. A warning: I cried my eyes out in the last chapters. However, I definitely recommend this read!!! Also, a movie adaptation comes out April 2, 2010.


2. Scandalgate: Exposing America's Moral Deficit Disorder by Kenneth J. Brown


This book I recommend if only to listen to the author's pleas and questions as to why America tolerated the scandals involving JFK and Bill Clinton. At times his claims seem to be worded sarcastically, yet he explains our post-modern world today and how America's morals are going down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment