Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Revlon Vixen

     According to the All Lacquered Up nail polish blog, Revlon Vixen is a known dupe for the original Chanel Vamp, which appeared on Uma Thurman's nails in Pulp Fiction. So, I went to the nearest CVS to see what all the fuss was about.
     I read that Vixen is supposed to look like dried blood, so I knew that even if I didn't like it, my mom would love it. (She loves blood-red shades. Don't ask me why, but that's just what I've heard all of my life. ☺) I also had read that this polish had a bad bubble problem, which I actually did not experience.
     This polish did cover completely with no bubbles, but for some reason I remember it taking about three coats to be an even dark color. Vixen is certainly opaque and very shiny with a top coat, but I was expecting it to pull more red than it appears to. To me, it looks more brown than red. I don't mean to be gross, but I guess a scab is dried blood, and a scab is brown? Ewwww, gross, I know! =P
     For those of you who love dark, vampy colors, however, this is the color for you. It's a cheap option at around $5-6 instead of paying big bucks for a Chanel polish. This is a perfect color for Fall. I really do love a good, glossy creme, but for some reason I wasn't feeling the brownish-hue, so I added an Nfu-Oh flakie polish the next day, and then it became instant LOVE! I will post pictures of that lovely combo later.
    What do you think? Do you wear dark colors only in Fall/Winter, or would you rock this color all year long?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment