Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Yummy Chicken Salad with No Mayo!

     Ok, I know I haven't been blogging on here regularly for a couple of months, but these past two months have been so busy! During December there was a stretch where I worked for 12 days straight, and every night my husband and I had a dinner or get-together to attend.
     Anyway, I haven't been able to keep up with polishing my nails like I want to. These days I try and paint my nails about once a week. It's really hard to find the time to paint my nails every three days or so, but I hope to get to painting my nails again, like I used to, soon. 
     However, in the mean time, I've been trying out some different recipes, and I've taken some pictures to show you how they came out! 

     I've been craving chicken salad lately, and I hate mayonnaise with a passion. Thus, I find myself on Pinterest looking up ways to make chicken salad without mayonnaise....and I find this recipe:


     I've been substituting Greek yogurt for mayonnaise in recipes for a while now, and I knew chicken salad would be no different. I used this recipe with some tweaks. 

     Keep in mind I made just enough for myself to eat, so I used:
     Approximately 3/4 cup of Bi-Lo rotisserie chicken
     1/2 of an Avocado
     Approximately 4 oz. of Greek yogurt
     Lime juice from one quarter of a lime
     A little pinch of sea salt and seasoning salt

(I didn't have the cilantro or the green onion available, so I just left that out.) I mixed all the ingredients together...and it was...amazing!! I loved it! I have only recently been a fan of chicken salad, but I've always hated the heavy quality of it, the fact that I could taste the mayo, and I knew how bad it was for me. This tasted very fresh, very light, very much like chicken salad without the heaviness, and the lime juice really added a tang that just made it perfect. And the best part? I calculated all of that to around 330 calories!


     I decided to pair the chicken salad with Town House Flatbread Crisps in Sea Salt & Olive Oil (which my friend just got me addicted to!), because I don't like my chicken salad on a sandwich, I like it as a dip. :)  


Here is another yummy looking recipe that I found on Pinterest:

What do you think? Will you be trying this recipe? Would you change or add anything? Thanks for reading!!    

2 comments:

  1. It looks yummy! I love chicken salad so I will want to try it.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete